When I present a
treatment plan to parents about their children's dental condition the parents
often say to me "Why should we do this? They are going to fall out
anyway!". These are reasons I give why their children's baby teeth
are worth saving:
1. These teeth are important because they
help guide proper eruption of permanent teeth.
2. They help maintain good nutrition with
3. They permit normal speech development.
4. They need to be repaired to avoid the
pain and suffering your child can experience from an abscess that can lead to
5. To avoid damage to the developing
6. To avoid inadvertent extraction of a
permanent tooth bud with early extraction of the primary tooth.
7. Avoid high bacteria counts from occurring
that can create possible lifetime problems.
8. Avoid decay of the teeth next to the
damaged tooth by direct spread of decay to the other teeth by bacteria shed
into the saliva.
9. Provide formation of the shape of the
10. Your child's smile affects their sense
of self esteem & confidence.
Map Our Services Children's First Visit